|Our Thrift Store
In our three-level store, we offer a great variety of items from designer clothes to quality used furniture and household goods as well as new and used beds.
• Families of all incomes can find household furniture such as kitchen tables and chairs, sofas, living room chairs, tables, lamps and appliances. Depending on the quality, the amount of time an item has been in the store and supply and demand you can find a good, clean sofa as low as $99.
• Frugal college students can completely outfit their dorm rooms or apartments at bargain prices.
• Own a cottage or a second home? Shop our store and find those unique items to give your place that special charm. Need a refrigerator for your garage? We’ve got that too!
• Looking for a job and need interview clothing? You can find a great selection of dress shirts, pants, ties, skirts, dresses, jackets and even shoes to guarantee you look your best – and all for a nominal cost. Prefer designer names, we have those too.
Product locator guide
On the First Floor
• Jewelry (at the service counter near the entrance)
• Glassware & kitchen items of every type
• Lots and lots of clothing for children & adults (plus sizes too)
• Shoes and boots for children & adults
• Paperback and hardcover books plus CDs and VHS tapes
• Sewing items, including a wide selection of patterns
• Religious items
On the Second Floor
• Furniture for every room in your house
• Beds, mattresses & bedding (including lots of great blankets)
• Wall hanging items (framed paintings, photographs, etc.)
• In the Basement
• Miscellaneous electronic items
• A limited selection of TVs and stereo equipment
• Some office furniture
• Sports equipment (including skis)
• For a slide show tour of our store, click here.
Why shop at our Thrift Store?
Shoppers and volunteers in our store help us to generate revenue to fund our “Referral Program” year- round. It is through this program that we can provide low-cost or no-cost goods directly to those in need. St. Vincent de Paul delivers furniture, clothing and other household goods directly to people who have experienced a terrible loss, such as a natural disaster, eviction or foreclosure, domestic violence or homelessness.
In many of these cases a family is forced to leave quickly, often leaving behind what few household items they had. St. Vincent de Paul may be the only organization that can quickly help them get resettled with the items they need.
When doing home visits our conference volunteers often discover the families they are working with are also sleeping or eating dinner on the floor. In these cases, a referral is made to the SVDP store and the families are quickly helped with the items they need.
Where does the money go?
At St. Vincent de Paul in Grand Rapids, we believe that "to serve the poor is to serve Jesus." That's why we work with approximately 30 carefully screened non-profit agencies, schools and churches to serve the poor.
To see a list of the agencies with which we work, please click here.
• Every Wed. and Sat.
• Fill a bag for just $5
• Senior Discount Tuesdays
• 15% off (excludes furniture
and sale items)
Look for signs at the entrance and throughout the store for daily & weekly specials.
Take a store tour...
For just a sample of the types of items you might find on any given visit to our store, click here.
Please note that many of the items shown in the tour may have already been sold.
We're on Craigslist
You can find some of our most popular items listed on Craigslist. Just click here.